Cannot send mail via client

Use this forum if you have installed hMailServer and want to ask a question related to a production release of hMailServer. Before posting, please read the troubleshooting guide. A large part of all reported issues are already described in detail here.
illidan5
Normal user
Normal user

Re: Cannot send mail via client

Post by illidan5 » 2020-12-03 21:13

jim.bus wrote:
2020-12-03 20:01
illidan5 wrote:
2020-12-03 13:58
jim.bus wrote:
2020-12-03 00:00
This is a tutorial provided by one of the regular contributors on this Forum. It is the guide for what I used for my DKIM setup except I used a 2048 bit Key and had to determine how to enter that key on GoDaddy Zone Editor.

If you follow the steps carefully, you should be able to set up your DKIM TXT Record using this tutorial.

https://www.hmailserver.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=29402
dude this is wrong, how many times I am to repeat my self

dkim._domainkey.YOURDOMAIN.COM. - bad

dkim._domainkey - good
The reason I wrote 'If you follow the steps carefully, you should be able to set up your DKIM TXT Record using this tutorial' is because you made the same mistake I made when I first followed the Tutorial. But I went back and reread it and followed the Tutorial CAREFULLY and then I successfully created my DKIM TXT Record.

But again you chose to not follow instructions and assumed you did what the Tutorial said to do and what you ended up with was incorrect because you didn't follow the Tutorial correctly.
Listen dude this is getting weird you should read carefully now:

the tutorial says to set up your key value to: dkim._domainkey.YOURDOMAIN.COM
which is true for any other service, except for GoDaddy which in GoDaddy your key value should be: dkim._domainkey
meaning: without "yourdomain.tld" after "domainkey."

remmber the screen shot I posted earlier? scroll up and read part 3.

jim.bus
Senior user
Senior user

Post by jim.bus » 2020-12-03 21:48

illidan5 wrote:
2020-12-03 21:13
jim.bus wrote:
2020-12-03 20:01
illidan5 wrote:
2020-12-03 13:58

dude this is wrong, how many times I am to repeat my self

dkim._domainkey.YOURDOMAIN.COM. - bad

dkim._domainkey - good
The reason I wrote 'If you follow the steps carefully, you should be able to set up your DKIM TXT Record using this tutorial' is because you made the same mistake I made when I first followed the Tutorial. But I went back and reread it and followed the Tutorial CAREFULLY and then I successfully created my DKIM TXT Record.

But again you chose to not follow instructions and assumed you did what the Tutorial said to do and what you ended up with was incorrect because you didn't follow the Tutorial correctly.
Listen dude this is getting weird you should read carefully now:

the tutorial says to set up your key value to: dkim._domainkey.YOURDOMAIN.COM
which is true for any other service, except for GoDaddy which in GoDaddy your key value should be: dkim._domainkey
meaning: without "yourdomain.tld" after "domainkey."

remmber the screen shot I posted earlier? scroll up and read part 3.
Yeah Dude, the first time I tried it I got what you said was bad but when I reread the Tutorial, I got what you said was GOOD!

If I remember what I did which was quite a while ago, I had misinterpreted what was meant by one of the terms but when I saw what it actually meant, I came up with the correct result. I just know that when I reread the Tutorial and saw what it actually was saying, everything worked.

jimimaseye

Post by jimimaseye » 2020-12-03 22:43

Ok girls, it's time to stop. Assertions made, defenses built, counter attacks launched and, from here on in, nothing more will be achieved.

Poster now has a result and no further help or dissection of previous actions or personality is required on anybody or by anybody.

No more posting please.

[Entered by mobile. Excuse my spelling.]
5.7 on test.
SpamassassinForWindows 3.4.0 spamd service
AV: Clamwin + Clamd service + sanesecurity defs : https://www.hmailserver.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=26829

illidan5
Normal user
Normal user

Post by illidan5 » 2020-12-16 00:52

Aight guys I decided I should get you updated on new diffuclties that occured

shortly after I finally setup my records, I was about to start sending emails agains...
just to remaind, I setup DKIM, DMRAC, MX and SPF, also providing text version of my emails, only thing I havent done is Rdns

so basiclly I did few tests, things seemed fine and I start sending mails, shortly after an hitch occured that required a replacement of equipment from the ISP... which results in a new IP address I have now.
I updated my records to match the new IP, also in hmailserver setting everything up, I had difficulties with the port 25 opening (used bad local IP I guess..) but now it seems ok, I did a test after opening the port.. by sending myself an email.. which did not deliver immediatly so I tought I did something wrong again, but than after a delay all the emails arrvied at my inbox at once, about 3-4 emails.. I think 1 went to the spam folder actually..
BUT testing again, I noticed that my client program says that the delivery has been succesfull but I am receiving no emails at all, not even in spam folder... I checked with different email (those temporary ones) and the email has been sent succesfully... I tought it has something to do with Yahoo..
Anyway I start sending mails while putting my email on the emails list in different locations for testing, I noticed my emails are not deliverying to me (not even with a another yahoo address I am using)...
So basiclly I contacted yahoo and still in the talking with them... I decided now to check hmailserver logs and found this repeating message :
"SMTPC" 8412 28074 "2020-12-15 00:00:21.480" "67.195.228.84" "RECEIVED: 421 4.7.0 [TSS04] Messages from *my ip* temporarily deferred due to unexpected volume or user complaints - 4.16.55.1; see https://postmaster.verizonmedia.com/error-codes"
how can this be? a fresh new innoccent IP can get blocked without even sending a single mail? why?
Now my question is - I am sending mails to yahoo, aol and different address which I have red that are some sub-yahoo domains? can you guys tell me all the yahoo-likes domains?
also this error message belongs to yahoo only? sending to hotmail or gmail for example will not be the case?
I have also tested my ip on mxtools and I appeared on 3 blacklists (out of 81+) zen - by default, and 2 others.. I will try to get those unlisted, BUT , how can I fix this ? this message repeating in the logs tons of times, I am beraly sending any emails out.. it could be something with the title?? maybe containing too many symbols? I will try to test it on plain text test email...
I have just discovered this so I am trying to figure things out myself meanwhile.. but if anyone has previous knowledge with this I would love to hear...
all I wanted is to send some damn emails what the heck with all those obstacles? Im tired of dealing with this seriously...

jim.bus
Senior user
Senior user

Post by jim.bus » 2020-12-16 10:57

Why do you assume a newly assigned IP Address is not on a Blacklist?

A previous user of that same IP Address or possibly the block of IP Addresses it was a part of may have been Blacklisted by the Blacklist databases. Also it may be possible for an illicit user to spoof that IP Address.

Maybe you should go back to your ISP and ask for a different IP Address.