Greylist on specific conditions

Use this forum if you want to suggest a new feature to hMailServer. Before posting, please search the forum to confirm that it has not already been suggested.

Selective greyliusting would help my AntiSPam Solution

Yes, please implement
100%
Doesn't matter to me at the moment
No votes
This is a bad idea
No votes

Total votes: 3

mattg

Greylist on specific conditions

Post by mattg » 2017-02-26 03:24

I'd like to selectively greylist.

For instance I'd like to greylist if specific DNSBL results are given, but spam score outright on others
Some DNSBL lists are just 'dynamic IP address lists', and Protected Sky offers two results, 1 for maybe a spammer, 2 for probably a spammer

I'd also like to greylist if spam score reaches a set level before message is accepted, being distinct to a spam mark or reject level.
DNSBL tests are performed before a message is accepted. If these DNSBL tests scored say 2 but less than 5 (5 is my mark score) then I'd like to greylist

I'd like to greylist on Spamassassin timeout

I'd like to greylist selectively following OnHELO (when it is implemented) or OnSMTPData

Currently we can avoid greylisting by greylist/whitelisting on the fly, but I'd like to do this the other way, I'd like to greylist on the fly.
Just 'cause I link to a page and say little else doesn't mean I am not being nice.
https://www.hmailserver.com/documentation