SCRIPT check if the sender accountid exist before sent the message

This section contains scripts that hMailServer has contributed with. hMailServer 5 is needed to use these.
afrisoftsolutions
New user
New user

SCRIPT check if the sender accountid exist before sent the message

Post by afrisoftsolutions » 2020-07-17 21:28

Hello to every body i'm using hmail server ver 5.6.6.B2383 and have lot of spams sending using my domain name
in the hmail i have the domin ddd.com and i have 5 accounts let says 1@ddd.com, ...5@ddd.com
but when i checking on the logs i seeing that they are mails sending from unknow@ddd.com

i need an solution because i have tried script for hmailser 4 but it's not working.
working with hmailserver more than 5 years

johang
Senior user
Senior user

Re: SCRIPT check if the sender accountid exist before sent the message

Post by johang » 2020-07-17 23:48

afrisoftsolutions wrote:
2020-07-17 21:28
Hello to every body i'm using hmail server ver 5.6.6.B2383 and have lot of spams sending using my domain name
in the hmail i have the domin ddd.com and i have 5 accounts let says 1@ddd.com, ...5@ddd.com
but when i checking on the logs i seeing that they are mails sending from unknow@ddd.com

i need an solution because i have tried script for hmailser 4 but it's not working.
working with hmailserver more than 5 years
set "Require SMTP authentication" for "Local to external e-mail addresses" on ALL needed IPranges
(go into [Settings][Advanced][IP Ranges] and set for all IP ranges ... everyone should authenticate )

since you only write they are using your domain name to send spam i guess you already have "Require SMTP authentication" for "External to external e-mail addresses"

or you can play with scripts
viewtopic.php?p=68117#p68117
___________________________________________________________end of the line
spam filter appliance gateway: www.mailcleaner.org

mattg

Re: SCRIPT check if the sender accountid exist before sent the message

Post by mattg » 2020-07-19 03:50

ALSO need to set 'require auth' for local to local connections
Just 'cause I link to a page and say little else doesn't mean I am not being nice.
https://www.hmailserver.com/documentation