gmail rejection 550

Use this forum if you have installed hMailServer and want to ask a question related to a production release of hMailServer. Before posting, please read the troubleshooting guide. A large part of all reported issues are already described in detail here.
dcbohn
New user
New user

gmail rejection 550

Post by dcbohn » 2018-03-29 17:47

Ok, this not a request for help but a post that may help others. I recently moved my hmailserver from a Windows 2003 server to a Windows 2012 R2 server. No problems on the move, no big issues were apparent. Soon users were complaining about gmail rejecting all emails from my domain. I went though all the google postmaster tests, etc. had my domian verified, etc. Now remember I literally did a copy over after doing a hmailserver install. After 3 weeks of no replies from google, trying everything I could think of, because email was working except for sending to gmail, no help anywhere, I decided to turn off the IPv6 capabilities of my windows 2012 R2 server. EVERYTHING started to work, no tests were failing, gmail started accepting email. Now I had done many things that day trying to get gmail to accept emails. So today I turned IPv6 on again and boom, gmail rejection, so I verified that was the issue. Now I pay for static IPv4 addresses and have reverse DNS set up (IPv4) with my ISP for such. I do not have static IPv6 addresses and no reverse DNS set up either. So I do not know which aspect of IPv6 IS the problem, my guess is lack of static and associated DNS set up, but I do not have the time to dig in and figure out. So if you are having similar issues, try turning off IPv6 on your NIC. FYI the hmailserver test/diagnosis was failing on the MX record test.