test onbound port

Use this forum if you have installed hMailServer and want to ask a question related to a production release of hMailServer. Before posting, please read the troubleshooting guide. A large part of all reported issues are already described in detail here.
Post Reply
blackjack
New user
New user
Posts: 28
Joined: 2020-01-22 12:08

test onbound port

Post by blackjack » 2020-01-27 15:28

hello, guys
so is this test (in Diagnostics) really important? because it's only one (excluding backup test) that I can't pass.
what is the problem and how to fix it if necessary?

Test: Test outbound port
SMTP relayer not in use. Attempting mail.hmailserver.com:25...
Trying to connect to host mail.hmailserver.com...
Trying to connect to TCP/IP address 5.189.183.138 on port 25.
ERROR: It was not possible to connect.
Last edited by blackjack on 2020-01-27 15:41, edited 1 time in total.

blackjack
New user
New user
Posts: 28
Joined: 2020-01-22 12:08

Re: test onbound port

Post by blackjack » 2020-01-27 15:33

also I can say that now HmailServer is in Azure VM so can it be the problem of blocking 25 port as I read somewhere?...

palinka
Senior user
Senior user
Posts: 1968
Joined: 2017-09-12 17:57

Re: test onbound port

Post by palinka » 2020-01-27 16:00

blackjack wrote:
2020-01-27 15:28
hello, guys
so is this test (in Diagnostics) really important? because it's only one (excluding backup test) that I can't pass.
what is the problem and how to fix it if necessary?

Test: Test outbound port
SMTP relayer not in use. Attempting mail.hmailserver.com:25...
Trying to connect to host mail.hmailserver.com...
Trying to connect to TCP/IP address 5.189.183.138 on port 25.
ERROR: It was not possible to connect.
Its only important if you want to send mail.

First, make sure windows firewall is not blocking it. Then ask your ISP to unblock it. Failing that you will need to use a 3rd party relay service.

blackjack
New user
New user
Posts: 28
Joined: 2020-01-22 12:08

Re: test onbound port

Post by blackjack » 2020-01-27 16:09

palinka wrote:
2020-01-27 16:00
blackjack wrote:
2020-01-27 15:28
hello, guys
so is this test (in Diagnostics) really important? because it's only one (excluding backup test) that I can't pass.
what is the problem and how to fix it if necessary?

Test: Test outbound port
SMTP relayer not in use. Attempting mail.hmailserver.com:25...
Trying to connect to host mail.hmailserver.com...
Trying to connect to TCP/IP address 5.189.183.138 on port 25.
ERROR: It was not possible to connect.
Its only important if you want to send mail.

First, make sure windows firewall is not blocking it. Then ask your ISP to unblock it. Failing that you will need to use a 3rd party relay service.
I want to send and receive emails from outside so I definitely need it, right?
I added inbound and onbound rules in Firewall with 25 port and others like 993, 465, 110, 143 etc.
ISP - do you mean Azure in my case?

palinka
Senior user
Senior user
Posts: 1968
Joined: 2017-09-12 17:57

Re: test onbound port

Post by palinka » 2020-01-27 16:12

blackjack wrote:
2020-01-27 16:09
ISP - do you mean Azure in my case?
Yes.

User avatar
SorenR
Senior user
Senior user
Posts: 3623
Joined: 2006-08-21 15:38
Location: Denmark

Re: test onbound port

Post by SorenR » 2020-01-27 16:25

blackjack wrote:
2020-01-27 16:09
palinka wrote:
2020-01-27 16:00
blackjack wrote:
2020-01-27 15:28
hello, guys
so is this test (in Diagnostics) really important? because it's only one (excluding backup test) that I can't pass.
what is the problem and how to fix it if necessary?

Test: Test outbound port
SMTP relayer not in use. Attempting mail.hmailserver.com:25...
Trying to connect to host mail.hmailserver.com...
Trying to connect to TCP/IP address 5.189.183.138 on port 25.
ERROR: It was not possible to connect.
Its only important if you want to send mail.

First, make sure windows firewall is not blocking it. Then ask your ISP to unblock it. Failing that you will need to use a 3rd party relay service.
I want to send and receive emails from outside so I definitely need it, right?
I added inbound and onbound rules in Firewall with 25 port and others like 993, 465, 110, 143 etc.
ISP - do you mean Azure in my case?
Outbound rules ???

Like:
SMTP Receive: remote (any port > 1023) -> local (port 25)
SMTP Send: local (any port > 1023) -> remote (port 25)

?
SørenR.

“Those who don't know history are doomed to repeat it.”
― Edmund Burke

blackjack
New user
New user
Posts: 28
Joined: 2020-01-22 12:08

Re: test onbound port

Post by blackjack » 2020-01-27 16:42

SorenR wrote:
2020-01-27 16:25
blackjack wrote:
2020-01-27 16:09
palinka wrote:
2020-01-27 16:00


Its only important if you want to send mail.

First, make sure windows firewall is not blocking it. Then ask your ISP to unblock it. Failing that you will need to use a 3rd party relay service.
I want to send and receive emails from outside so I definitely need it, right?
I added inbound and onbound rules in Firewall with 25 port and others like 993, 465, 110, 143 etc.
ISP - do you mean Azure in my case?
Outbound rules ???

Like:
SMTP Receive: remote (any port > 1023) -> local (port 25)
SMTP Send: local (any port > 1023) -> remote (port 25)

?
should I delete this onbound rule?

User avatar
SorenR
Senior user
Senior user
Posts: 3623
Joined: 2006-08-21 15:38
Location: Denmark

Re: test onbound port

Post by SorenR » 2020-01-27 16:55

blackjack wrote:
2020-01-27 16:42
SorenR wrote:
2020-01-27 16:25
blackjack wrote:
2020-01-27 16:09


I want to send and receive emails from outside so I definitely need it, right?
I added inbound and onbound rules in Firewall with 25 port and others like 993, 465, 110, 143 etc.
ISP - do you mean Azure in my case?
Outbound rules ???

Like:
SMTP Receive: remote (any port > 1023) -> local (port 25)
SMTP Send: local (any port > 1023) -> remote (port 25)

?
should I delete this onbound rule?
I can't remember the last time I had to create an outbound rule in a "normal" firewall since I started working with firewalls back in the early 90's. It does happen but only in a total lock-down super secret goverment sh*t hideout. :mrgreen:

If you are confident that the rule will not cause problems you can leave it in there.
SørenR.

“Those who don't know history are doomed to repeat it.”
― Edmund Burke

blackjack
New user
New user
Posts: 28
Joined: 2020-01-22 12:08

Re: test onbound port

Post by blackjack » 2020-01-27 17:10

SorenR wrote:
2020-01-27 16:55
blackjack wrote:
2020-01-27 16:42
SorenR wrote:
2020-01-27 16:25

Outbound rules ???

Like:
SMTP Receive: remote (any port > 1023) -> local (port 25)
SMTP Send: local (any port > 1023) -> remote (port 25)

?
should I delete this onbound rule?
I can't remember the last time I had to create an outbound rule in a "normal" firewall since I started working with firewalls back in the early 90's. It does happen but only in a total lock-down super secret goverment sh*t hideout. :mrgreen:
lol
understood, ty

blackjack
New user
New user
Posts: 28
Joined: 2020-01-22 12:08

Re: test onbound port

Post by blackjack » 2020-01-27 17:10

is it OK that I can't pass local connect test with gmail domain?

palinka
Senior user
Senior user
Posts: 1968
Joined: 2017-09-12 17:57

Re: test onbound port

Post by palinka » 2020-01-27 18:07

blackjack wrote:
2020-01-27 17:10
is it OK that I can't pass local connect test with gmail domain?
Just use mail.hmailserver.com. The one and only function of this part of the diagnostic is to determine if port 25 outbound is open. If you use servers other than mail.hmailserver.com, you may run into rules implemented on those servers that could generate false positives, whereas that will never happen with mail.hmailserver.com.

blackjack
New user
New user
Posts: 28
Joined: 2020-01-22 12:08

Re: test onbound port

Post by blackjack » 2020-01-28 10:20

palinka wrote:
2020-01-27 18:07
blackjack wrote:
2020-01-27 17:10
is it OK that I can't pass local connect test with gmail domain?
Just use mail.hmailserver.com. The one and only function of this part of the diagnostic is to determine if port 25 outbound is open. If you use servers other than mail.hmailserver.com, you may run into rules implemented on those servers that could generate false positives, whereas that will never happen with mail.hmailserver.com.
I meant "select domain you want to run tests on", not "outbound port 25 test hostname"
yeah, probably, it's stupid idea, but still xd

blackjack
New user
New user
Posts: 28
Joined: 2020-01-22 12:08

Re: test onbound port

Post by blackjack » 2020-01-28 11:46

palinka wrote:
2020-01-27 16:12
blackjack wrote:
2020-01-27 16:09
ISP - do you mean Azure in my case?
Yes.
Okay, so the problem is I am not allowed to use this port because of my subscriptions (from university or just testing), I can't even create support request for this.
the only thing I can do is to use smtp relay, right?

palinka
Senior user
Senior user
Posts: 1968
Joined: 2017-09-12 17:57

Re: test onbound port

Post by palinka » 2020-01-28 12:53

blackjack wrote:
2020-01-28 11:46

Okay, so the problem is I am not allowed to use this port because of my subscriptions (from university or just testing), I can't even create support request for this.
the only thing I can do is to use smtp relay, right?
Yes. Try smtp2go. They have a free account option that's pretty generous with the limits.

blackjack
New user
New user
Posts: 28
Joined: 2020-01-22 12:08

Re: test onbound port

Post by blackjack » 2020-01-28 12:55

palinka wrote:
2020-01-28 12:53
blackjack wrote:
2020-01-28 11:46

Okay, so the problem is I am not allowed to use this port because of my subscriptions (from university or just testing), I can't even create support request for this.
the only thing I can do is to use smtp relay, right?
Yes. Try smtp2go. They have a free account option that's pretty generous with the limits.
what about sendgrid?

palinka
Senior user
Senior user
Posts: 1968
Joined: 2017-09-12 17:57

Re: test onbound port

Post by palinka » 2020-01-28 12:58

There are many to choose from. Pick one that works best for your anticipated traffic.

blackjack
New user
New user
Posts: 28
Joined: 2020-01-22 12:08

Re: test onbound port

Post by blackjack » 2020-01-28 13:39

Okay. Thank you all for help!

blackjack
New user
New user
Posts: 28
Joined: 2020-01-22 12:08

Re: test onbound port

Post by blackjack » 2020-01-28 15:01

palinka wrote:
2020-01-28 12:58
There are many to choose from. Pick one that works best for your anticipated traffic.
well, mate, I have one more question:
I created relay using sendgrid for test, all tests in Diagnostics section are fine.
but when I check, for example, DNS lookup or smth else, it shows some errors like DNS Record not found.

I have in mind the thought that when using relay it can't be possible to check it because it isn't working directly. also I can't check by smtp test because I am using 587 port, not 25 as mxtoolbox do.

Is it true?

palinka
Senior user
Senior user
Posts: 1968
Joined: 2017-09-12 17:57

Re: test onbound port

Post by palinka » 2020-01-28 15:10

blackjack wrote:
2020-01-28 15:01
palinka wrote:
2020-01-28 12:58
There are many to choose from. Pick one that works best for your anticipated traffic.
well, mate, I have one more question:
I created relay using sendgrid for test, all tests in Diagnostics section are fine.
but when I check, for example, DNS lookup or smth else, it shows some errors like DNS Record not found.

I have in mind the thought that when using relay it can't be possible to check it because it isn't working directly. also I can't check by smtp test because I am using 587 port, not 25 as mxtoolbox do.

Is it true?
I don't understand what you're checking or how you're checking it.

blackjack
New user
New user
Posts: 28
Joined: 2020-01-22 12:08

Re: test onbound port

Post by blackjack » 2020-01-28 16:25

palinka wrote:
2020-01-28 15:10
blackjack wrote:
2020-01-28 15:01
palinka wrote:
2020-01-28 12:58
There are many to choose from. Pick one that works best for your anticipated traffic.
well, mate, I have one more question:
I created relay using sendgrid for test, all tests in Diagnostics section are fine.
but when I check, for example, DNS lookup or smth else, it shows some errors like DNS Record not found.

I have in mind the thought that when using relay it can't be possible to check it because it isn't working directly. also I can't check by smtp test because I am using 587 port, not 25 as mxtoolbox do.

Is it true?
I don't understand what you're checking or how you're checking it.
https://mxtoolbox.com/diagnostic.aspx I checked here and it wasn't working until that moment, now it isn't showing any errors
with relay

but the worse thing is that my chief came and said that I am not allowed to use any relays, it needs to be working from Azure directly. I try to tell him that it's impossible with my type of subscription, he said: search how to open 25 port manually
I am very confused right now, to be honest. I am trainee only...

palinka
Senior user
Senior user
Posts: 1968
Joined: 2017-09-12 17:57

Re: test onbound port

Post by palinka » 2020-01-28 16:37

blackjack wrote:
2020-01-28 16:25
but the worse thing is that my chief came and said that I am not allowed to use any relays, it needs to be working from Azure directly. I try to tell him that it's impossible with my type of subscription, he said: search how to open 25 port manually
I am very confused right now, to be honest. I am trainee only...
Sorry, can't help you with that. I don't know anything about azure.

blackjack
New user
New user
Posts: 28
Joined: 2020-01-22 12:08

Re: test onbound port

Post by blackjack » 2020-01-28 16:46

palinka wrote:
2020-01-28 16:37
blackjack wrote:
2020-01-28 16:25
but the worse thing is that my chief came and said that I am not allowed to use any relays, it needs to be working from Azure directly. I try to tell him that it's impossible with my type of subscription, he said: search how to open 25 port manually
I am very confused right now, to be honest. I am trainee only...
Sorry, can't help you with that. I don't know anything about azure.
meh... I can't login to Outlook or Thunderbird using my server...
idk why
it starts to be so tilting...

User avatar
mattg
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 20897
Joined: 2007-06-14 05:12
Location: 'The Outback' Australia

Re: test onbound port

Post by mattg » 2020-01-28 17:56

blackjack wrote:
2020-01-28 16:25
he said: search how to open 25 port manually
Good luck with that

They block port 25 for a very good reason
(so you don't send spam)
Just 'cause I link to a page and say little else doesn't mean I am not being nice.
https://www.hmailserver.com/documentation

User avatar
Dravion
Senior user
Senior user
Posts: 1688
Joined: 2015-09-26 11:50
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: test onbound port

Post by Dravion » 2020-01-28 18:17

Dont fall for fancy names, Windows is Windows.

If you where able to login to your Windows Server
via Remotdesktop and successfully installed hMailServer, you should also be able to do the required Port settings to make it work with the Internet.


1)
Make sure your Windows Network Adapter has your public/static ip address assigned to it.

2)
Check if you can ping outside ip addresses

3)
Make sure your Azure DNS settings have a A Record set to your public ip address.

4)
Let an MX DNS Reciord point to your ip from step 3)

Open hMailServers port following this guide:
https://www.hmailserver.com/forum/viewt ... 21&t=32867

If this doesnt work, send a ticket to Azure Support and ask them why you cannot install and run your own Mailserver Software and why Port 25 isnt avialable in your package and what you must do to open it.

blackjack
New user
New user
Posts: 28
Joined: 2020-01-22 12:08

Re: test onbound port

Post by blackjack » 2020-01-29 09:54

mattg wrote:
2020-01-28 17:56
blackjack wrote:
2020-01-28 16:25
he said: search how to open 25 port manually
Good luck with that

They block port 25 for a very good reason
(so you don't send spam)
yeah, I realize that
I don't know what he thinks about...
"If it is not possible to connect from 25 port then create custom port for it"
really?...
FeelsSadMan

blackjack
New user
New user
Posts: 28
Joined: 2020-01-22 12:08

Re: test onbound port

Post by blackjack » 2020-01-29 10:15

Dravion wrote:
2020-01-28 18:17
Dont fall for fancy names, Windows is Windows.

If you where able to login to your Windows Server
via Remotdesktop and successfully installed hMailServer, you should also be able to do the required Port settings to make it work with the Internet.


1)
Make sure your Windows Network Adapter has your public/static ip address assigned to it.

2)
Check if you can ping outside ip addresses

3)
Make sure your Azure DNS settings have a A Record set to your public ip address.

4)
Let an MX DNS Reciord point to your ip from step 3)

Open hMailServers port following this guide:
https://www.hmailserver.com/forum/viewt ... 21&t=32867

If this doesnt work, send a ticket to Azure Support and ask them why you cannot install and run your own Mailserver Software and why Port 25 isnt avialable in your package and what you must do to open it.
I have public ip from Azure portal and I can connect to VM using RDP (3389), I can ping any existing addresses from here
( your 1) and 2) )
then I installed HMailServer on this VM, open all ports like 25, 143, 587, 465, 993 and 995 (and, maybe, even 110) through inbound rule in Windows Firewall (is it enough?...)

they give me our domain pointed to this IP ( 4) )
I created DNS zones manually on VM server, not in Azure DNS settings (maybe, there is the problem, but I don't think so), because when I installed DNS Manager in VM, I saw that neither forward nor reverse lookup zones were created.

What I did:
forward:
@ A "private ip",
mail A public IP,
@ MX mail.mydomain

reverse:
1 zone - "private IP" PTR mydomain
2 zone - "public IP" PTR mail.mydomain
(maybe, there is the mistake, too, because I can't confirm I realized how to setup it very well)

What should I try?
to create DNS zone in Azure and setup from there?

I will be very pleased if you help me because I am really new in this area and this is my first task...

User avatar
Dravion
Senior user
Senior user
Posts: 1688
Joined: 2015-09-26 11:50
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: test onbound port

Post by Dravion » 2020-01-29 10:44

blackjack wrote:
2020-01-29 10:15
I have public ip from Azure portal and I can connect to VM using RDP (3389), I can ping any existing addresses from here
( your 1) and 2) )
then I installed HMailServer on this VM, open all ports like 25, 143, 587, 465, 993 and 995 (and, maybe, even 110) through inbound rule in Windows Firewall (is it enough?...)

NO

You always need to have an InBound and OutBound Rule defined at the same time.

For example:
InBound for Port 25 and Outbound for Port 25
InBound for Port 587 and Outbound for Port 587
InBound for Port 143 and Outbound for Port 143
ect.


they give me our domain pointed to this IP ( 4) )
I created DNS zones manually on VM server, not in Azure DNS settings (maybe, there is the problem, but I don't think so), because when I installed DNS Manager in VM, I saw that neither forward nor reverse lookup zones were created.
blackjack wrote:
2020-01-29 10:15
What I did:
forward:
@ A "private ip",
mail A public IP,
@ MX mail.mydomain
You need to have a PUBLIC DNS A Record and additional PUBLIC DNS MX Record which needs to match your PUBLIC DNS A Record.
hMailServer needs to listen on your PUBLIC ip address which is also your PUBLIC DNS A Record (at least in you case).

This is mandatory because only if you implement this like this, other public SMTP-Server can know how to contact the MX in charge of your
Domain (which is hMailServer).

PS: Public DNS-Server changes can last up to 72h before they are visible to the whole Internet.


One of the best (and up to date) DNS-Manuals/Handbook is the BIND9 Administrators Manual.
https://ftp.isc.org/isc/bind9/cur/9.11/ ... Bv9ARM.pdf

blackjack
New user
New user
Posts: 28
Joined: 2020-01-22 12:08

Re: test onbound port

Post by blackjack » 2020-01-29 11:01

Dravion wrote:
2020-01-29 10:44
blackjack wrote:
2020-01-29 10:15
I have public ip from Azure portal and I can connect to VM using RDP (3389), I can ping any existing addresses from here
( your 1) and 2) )
then I installed HMailServer on this VM, open all ports like 25, 143, 587, 465, 993 and 995 (and, maybe, even 110) through inbound rule in Windows Firewall (is it enough?...)

NO

You always need to have an InBound and OutBound Rule defined at the same time.

For example:
InBound for Port 25 and Outbound for Port 25
InBound for Port 587 and Outbound for Port 587
InBound for Port 143 and Outbound for Port 143
ect.


they give me our domain pointed to this IP ( 4) )
I created DNS zones manually on VM server, not in Azure DNS settings (maybe, there is the problem, but I don't think so), because when I installed DNS Manager in VM, I saw that neither forward nor reverse lookup zones were created.
blackjack wrote:
2020-01-29 10:15
What I did:
forward:
@ A "private ip",
mail A public IP,
@ MX mail.mydomain
You need to have a PUBLIC DNS A Record and additional PUBLIC DNS MX Record which needs to match your PUBLIC DNS A Record.
hMailServer needs to listen on your PUBLIC ip address which is also your PUBLIC DNS A Record (at least in you case).

This is mandatory because only if you implement this like this, other public SMTP-Server can know how to contact the MX in charge of your
Domain (which is hMailServer).

PS: Public DNS-Server changes can last up to 72h before they are visible to the whole Internet.


One of the best (and up to date) DNS-Manuals/Handbook is the BIND9 Administrators Manual.
https://ftp.isc.org/isc/bind9/cur/9.11/ ... Bv9ARM.pdf
1. I've already deleted my rule and created all rules from topic you sent previously. there's all fine, I believe.
2. So, as I understand, I don't even need to use private IP, right?

User avatar
Dravion
Senior user
Senior user
Posts: 1688
Joined: 2015-09-26 11:50
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: test onbound port

Post by Dravion » 2020-01-29 14:03

What do you mean with "private" ip?

A ip address which is issued by RIPE is a public Internet ip address.

A local Organization/Office or Home-Network is known as a LAN (Local Area Network)
In most cases LAN ip addresses are not visible to the public Internet but connected to the Internet via some sort of a NAT-Router.

In your case, your Microsoft Azure Windows Server VM is directly connected to the public Internet because your Azure Subscription plan
includes a Public Internet ip address.

However:
You can setup any ip address you want in your Windows VM, but if this ip address is not known to RIPE and not rout able on the public
Internet its not visible, accessible or usable from the outside. You can call such a ip address as "Private ip" but it's a miss-leading term.

blackjack
New user
New user
Posts: 28
Joined: 2020-01-22 12:08

Re: test onbound port

Post by blackjack » 2020-01-29 14:42

Dravion wrote:
2020-01-29 14:03
What do you mean with "private" ip?

A ip address which is issued by RIPE is a public Internet ip address.

A local Organization/Office or Home-Network is known as a LAN (Local Area Network)
In most cases LAN ip addresses are not visible to the public Internet but connected to the Internet via some sort of a NAT-Router.

In your case, your Microsoft Azure Windows Server VM is directly connected to the public Internet because your Azure Subscription plan
includes a Public Internet ip address.

However:
You can setup any ip address you want in your Windows VM, but if this ip address is not known to RIPE and not rout able on the public
Internet its not visible, accessible or usable from the outside. You can call such a ip address as "Private ip" but it's a miss-leading term.
I meant local IP, like 10.0.0.x or smth
I made some changes in DNS zones on the server;
now it shows like

@ A "public ip"
@ MX mail.mydomain
mail A 10.0.0.x

is it better? or, as I asked previously, I don't need 10.0.0.x and the last A should be pointed to public IP as well?

User avatar
Dravion
Senior user
Senior user
Posts: 1688
Joined: 2015-09-26 11:50
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: test onbound port

Post by Dravion » 2020-01-29 16:16

No.
You simply add your your public internet ip address to your Windows Server Network Card.
Nothing more, nothing less.

blackjack
New user
New user
Posts: 28
Joined: 2020-01-22 12:08

Re: test onbound port

Post by blackjack » 2020-01-30 10:55

Dravion wrote:
2020-01-29 16:16
No.
You simply add your your public internet ip address to your Windows Server Network Card.
Nothing more, nothing less.
just like this?
Attachments
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (6.35 KiB) Viewed 11977 times

User avatar
Dravion
Senior user
Senior user
Posts: 1688
Joined: 2015-09-26 11:50
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: test onbound port

Post by Dravion » 2020-01-30 12:31

This has nothing to do with what i said.

I talked about setting up you Windows Network card ip address and you start talking about DNS-Settings.

If we talk about Network settings, we talk about Network card settings, if we talk about DNS, we talk about DNS
but it makes no sense, trying to apply Network card ip settings instructions i gave you on to your Azure DNS-Settings page.
nic.jpg

blackjack
New user
New user
Posts: 28
Joined: 2020-01-22 12:08

Re: test onbound port

Post by blackjack » 2020-01-30 13:37

Dravion wrote:
2020-01-30 12:31
This has nothing to do with what i said.

I talked about setting up you Windows Network card ip address and you start talking about DNS-Settings.

If we talk about Network settings, we talk about Network card settings, if we talk about DNS, we talk about DNS
but it makes no sense, trying to apply Network card ip settings instructions i gave you on to your Azure DNS-Settings page.

nic.jpg
but how can I know addresses of DNS servers and gateway? Azure doesn't show it or I just stupid to understand smth...

User avatar
Dravion
Senior user
Senior user
Posts: 1688
Joined: 2015-09-26 11:50
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: test onbound port

Post by Dravion » 2020-01-30 14:18


blackjack
New user
New user
Posts: 28
Joined: 2020-01-22 12:08

Re: test onbound port

Post by blackjack » 2020-01-31 11:10

Dravion wrote:
2020-01-30 14:18
Take a look at this

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/ ... r-overview
I believe this is what I need: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/ ... #os-config

but wait, why do they not set public IP? as I can see their "primary" IP doesn't mean "public"...
Last edited by blackjack on 2020-01-31 11:20, edited 1 time in total.

blackjack
New user
New user
Posts: 28
Joined: 2020-01-22 12:08

Re: test onbound port

Post by blackjack » 2020-01-31 11:14

actually I ruined one test VM because I forgot about this 168.63.129.16 DNS-server...

Post Reply