Is this product still developing?

Use this forum if you have installed hMailServer and want to ask a question related to a production release of hMailServer. Before posting, please read the troubleshooting guide. A large part of all reported issues are already described in detail here.
Maikl
Normal user
Normal user

Is this product still developing?

Post by Maikl » 2020-05-16 10:34

Hi,

sorry for my maybe stupid question. The last "stable" version is 5.6.7, and this was released more than two years ago. I wonder if there is still something going on.

I don't mind too much about new features (even if there are some good ideas in the feature request forum), my question is more related the investigation and fixing security issues and/or bugs (or are there none?).

Best wishes
Michael

SorenR
Senior user
Senior user

Re: Is this product still developing?

Post by SorenR » 2020-05-16 12:27

Maikl wrote:
2020-05-16 10:34
Hi,

sorry for my maybe stupid question. The last "stable" version is 5.6.7, and this was released more than two years ago. I wonder if there is still something going on.

I don't mind too much about new features (even if there are some good ideas in the feature request forum), my question is more related the investigation and fixing security issues and/or bugs (or are there none?).

Best wishes
Michael
Latest alfa is only a couple of weeks old... There is 5.6.8 32-bit Standard edition, 5.6.8 32-bit RvdH edition and 5.7 64-bit Alpha but then it's all over the forum if you just used the search button.
SørenR.

“Those who don't know history are doomed to repeat it.”
― Edmund Burke

Dravion
Senior user
Senior user

Re: Is this product still developing?

Post by Dravion » 2020-05-16 13:45

There are some coding work in the background lately

https://github.com/hmailserver/hmailserver

*OpenSSL was upgraded
*Migrated to latest Visual Studio 2019" version (from Visual Studio 2013).
*32-Support was dropped
*Github Actions is now used for test builds
*BOOST Framework version was increased
*A lot of fixes and Housekeeping