Double folders

Use this forum if you have installed hMailServer and want to ask a question related to a production release of hMailServer. Before posting, please read the troubleshooting guide. A large part of all reported issues are already described in detail here.
gtsolid
Normal user
Normal user

Double folders

Post by gtsolid » 2020-07-22 07:04

Hi,
Since i used Outlook in 2 languages (italian and english) i have now the situation attached.
Some folders are double (look at the colors). How can I do to unify?

each time I set up a new Outlook, i get all those folders
Attachments
Annotation 2020-07-22 070340.jpg

johang
Senior user
Senior user

Re: Double folders

Post by johang » 2020-07-22 08:42

since there is no standard to what an imap client will name folders within an imap structure, you will have to decide ..

1. decide how YOU want your folders be named ( of course it is easier to use one of the standars .. but it is no good using 2 standards )
2. go into settings of ALL your IMAP clients ( in your case outlook english and outlook italian ) and change them so they use the same folders
3. delete unwanted folders in IMAP ( but of course move any mail you want to keep prior to deleting the unwanted folders )
4. EVERY time you set up a new client .. you configure it to use the folders you have decided to use ( remember webmail is often an IMAP client as well )

i do not know which "standard" of IMAP nameing and placement of folders is most utilized .. perhaps someone else can chip in on the topic of which standard to prefer over another ..
___________________________________________________________end of the line
spam filter appliance gateway: www.mailcleaner.org

jimimaseye

Post by jimimaseye » 2020-07-22 12:53

These are the problems when using multi-languages and you will need to cope and handle them manually. This is also a standard problem even when using the same language and different IMAP clients (some may use 'DRAFT', others may use 'DRAFTS').

The default folder names will be according to the language settings of the local email client that you configure and whatever the client has coded to being its default folder name. So if you setup an italian Outlook, you will get BOZZE (instead of Drafts). The only standard seems to be "INBOX" (for the Inbox) but I cant be sure on that across all languages. Once set up, you need to go in to the email client and reassign the folders to point existing (so the settings will allow, for example, to point the Drafts folder to the existing "Drafts" instead of defaulting to 'Bozze'). Entering HMSAdmin - and viewing the folders (under ACCOUNT - ADVANCED) will show you all folders that have been created and exist to date but they may only show in your client if you choose to subscribe to them.
5.7 on test.
SpamassassinForWindows 3.4.0 spamd service
AV: Clamwin + Clamd service + sanesecurity defs : https://www.hmailserver.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=26829

gtsolid
Normal user
Normal user

Post by gtsolid » 2020-07-27 08:27

Those 3 folders are always recreated.
I managed to set the default "sent" folder, but I can't find anything in particular for those 3
Attachments
Annotation 2020-07-27 082602.jpg

jimimaseye

Post by jimimaseye » 2020-07-27 08:47

We can't help you any more. The folders are created by email clients and you have been given the clues. The rest is for you to work out with your email clients.

[Entered by mobile. Excuse my spelling.]
5.7 on test.
SpamassassinForWindows 3.4.0 spamd service
AV: Clamwin + Clamd service + sanesecurity defs : https://www.hmailserver.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=26829

gtsolid
Normal user
Normal user

Post by gtsolid » 2020-07-29 17:55

The problem was I've always brought with me old italian folders from old Outlook versions. I deleted them from hmailserver panel, then reinstalled Outlook and now it works fine!