When sending from gmail to my server I get error 503 smtp authentication required

Use this forum if you have installed hMailServer and want to ask a question related to a production release of hMailServer. Before posting, please read the troubleshooting guide. A large part of all reported issues are already described in detail here.
Axe6st
Normal user
Normal user

When sending from gmail to my server I get error 503 smtp authentication required

Post by Axe6st » 2020-08-02 02:06

Could this error be because my dns settings have not fully propogated down yet? MX toolbox shows the new server IP address but if i ping the server name it resolves to old IP address. And I was able to send from gmail to my old mail server an hour ago. And yes, I have tried flushing my dns. I followed happy ghost tutorial on youtube to set it up, (it's a very extensive tutorial). Also, according to mx toolbox my dmarc settings are not set to reject.
This is what I entered in dns for my dmarc settings. v= DMARC1;p=reject; rua=mailto:postmaster@mydomain.com (Obviously I used my real domain name). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Axe6st
Normal user
Normal user

Re: When sending from gmail to my server I get error 503 smtp authentication required

Post by Axe6st » 2020-08-02 04:28

update: Ionus decided to update shit tonight, and now they don't accept custom name servers. Thanks ionus !!!!
Will update this question in the AM after dns resolves.

mattg

Re: When sending from gmail to my server I get error 503 smtp authentication required

Post by mattg » 2020-08-02 04:30

Also, run this and post the results (when DNS stuff is sorted)
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=30914
Just 'cause I link to a page and say little else doesn't mean I am not being nice.
https://www.hmailserver.com/documentation

johang
Senior user
Senior user

Post by johang » 2020-08-02 11:32

and transcipt of your logfile including smtp and TCP/IP for the related event

and please include how/where you get the error 503 SMTP authentication required from .. when sending from gmail TO your server ..
___________________________________________________________end of the line
spam filter appliance gateway: www.mailcleaner.org

Axe6st
Normal user
Normal user

Post by Axe6st » 2020-08-02 15:53

OK, guys, thanks for the help. Ionus is set to go to the correct name servers. Their site is doing database maintenance and it said they no longer use custom name servers but when i called then they said that was a mistake and my name servers have not changed. I checked this morning and the name servers are still there. To answer your question about where am i getting the error from my gmail test, gmail itself bounced back the email with that message. (I have relaying not checked in settings. Found this in the log file.

"194.146.25.160" "SENT: 250 OK"
"SMTPD" 7636 7057 "2020-08-02 00:00:56.133" "194.146.25.160" "RECEIVED: RCPT TO:<gary@ec******.com>"
"SMTPD" 7636 7057 "2020-08-02 00:00:56.133" "194.146.25.160" "SENT: 530 SMTP authentication is required."

I assume that is my test from gmail or someone else emailing me

And I ran that script and here is the output

Code: Select all

2020-08-02   Hmailserver: 5.6.7-B2425

DOMAINS

"Domain1.com" - maxx.ecxxxxxxxxxxx.com         Enabled: True

SIGNATURE         LIMITS                       DKIM               ADVANCED
  Enabled: False   Max size:                0   Enabled: True      Catchall: postmaster@EXTERNAL.TLD
                   Max message size:        0   Header:   Relaxed  Plus addressing: False
                   Max size of accounts:    0   Body:     Relaxed
                                                Algorithm: SHA256  Greylisting:     False
                                                Private key: c:\program files\openssl-win64\bin\rsa.private.ecwebservices.com
                                                Selector:    mydkim

"Domain2.com" - maxx.gnxxxxx.com               Enabled: True

Enabled: False   Max size:                0   Enabled: False   
                   Max message size:        0                      Plus addressing: False
                   Max size of accounts:    0                    
                                                                   Greylisting:     False

"Domain3.com" - maxx.mcxxxxxxxx.orx            Enabled: True

"Domain4.com" - maxx.noxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.com      Enabled: True

"Domain5.com" - maxx.paxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.com     Enabled: True

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IP RANGES

IP: 127.0.0.1 - 127.0.0.1     Priority: 15     Name: My computer

Allow connections                         Other
     SMTP:   True                              Antispam :   True
     POP3:   True                              Antivirus:   True
     IMAP:   True                              SSL/TLS:    False

Allow Deliveries from                     Require Authentication from
     Local To Local       -  True              Local To Local       -  True
     Local To External    -  True              Local To External    -  True
     External To Local    -  True              External To Local    - False
     External To External - False           

IP: 0.0.0.0 - 255.255.255.255     Priority: 10     Name: Internet

------------------------------------------------------
AUTOBANNED Local Addresses:
    No entries

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AUTOBAN
  Autoban Enabled: True       Max invalid logon attempts:      3
                              Minutes Before Reset:           30  (0.50 hours, 0.02 days)
                              Minutes to Autoban:             60  (1.00 hours, 0.04 days)

There is a total of 7 auto-ban IP ranges.

INCOMING RELAYS
   No entries

MIRRORING         Disabled

PROTOCOLS

SMTP
GENERAL             DELIVERY                  RFC COMPLIANCE            ADVANCED
No. Connections:  0  No Retries:  4 Mins: 60   Plain Text:         True  Bind: 169.60.137.192
                     Host: Domain1.com         Empty sender:       True  Batch recipients:   100
Max Msg Size: 20480  Relay:-                   Incorrect endings:  True  Use STARTTLS:      True
                     (none entered)            Disc. on invalid:   True  Delivered-To hdr: False
                                               Max number commands: 100  Loop limit:           5
                                                                         Recipient hosts:     15
  Routes:
     No routes defined.

POP3
  No. Connections: 0

IMAP
 GENERAL                   PUBLIC FOLDERS                    ADVANCED
  No. Connections:   0      Public folder name: #Public       IMAP sort:  True
                                                              IMAP Quota: True
                                                              IMAP Idle:  True
                                                              IMAP ACL:   True
                                                              Delim: "."

ANTISPAM

GENERAL                              SPAM TESTS              Score   SPAMASSASSIN
  Spam Mark:                  5       Use SPF:            True - 3    Use Spamassassin:    True
  Add X-HmailServer-Spam:     True    Check HELO host:    True - 2    Hostname:       127.0.0.1
  Add X-HmailServer-Reason:   True    Check MX records:   True - 2    Port:                 783
  Add X-HmailServer-Subject:  True    Verify DKIM:       False        Use SA score: False -   5
              Subject Text: "[***SPAM***]"
  Spam delete threshold: 20         Maximum message size: 1024

DNSBL ENTRIES:
                    bl.spamcop.net      Score: 3     Result: 127.0.0.2

SURBL ENTRIES:
   No 'enabled' entries

GREYLISTING:
  Greylisting:  False

WHITELISTING
   No entries

ANTIVIRUS

GENERAL:
  When found - Delete email. Notify Sender: True,  Notify Receiver: True

Max Message Size: 0
     CLAM AV:   False
     CLAMWIN:   False
     CUSTOMAV:  True       Executable: "C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\mpcmdrun.exe" -scan -scantype 3 -file "%FILE%" -disableremediation
                           ReturnValue: 2

Block Attachments: False

SSL CERTIFICATES
   ecwebservices.com
       Certificate: C:\Program Files (x86)\hMailServer\Bin\SSL\ecwebservices.com.cert
       Private key: C:\Program Files (x86)\hMailServer\Bin\SSL\ecwebservices.com.key

SSL/TLS
             SSL 3.0 :  False
             TLS 1.0 :   True
             TLS 1.1 :   True
             TLS 1.2 :   True                Verify Remote SSL/TLS Certs:   True
SslCipherList  :

ECDHE-RSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256     - ECDHE-ECDSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256   - ECDHE-RSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384     
ECDHE-ECDSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384   - DHE-RSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256       - DHE-DSS-AES128-GCM-SHA256       
kEDH+AESGCM                     - ECDHE-RSA-AES128-SHA256         - ECDHE-ECDSA-AES128-SHA256       
ECDHE-RSA-AES128-SHA            - ECDHE-ECDSA-AES128-SHA          - ECDHE-RSA-AES256-SHA384         
ECDHE-ECDSA-AES256-SHA384       - ECDHE-RSA-AES256-SHA            - ECDHE-ECDSA-AES256-SHA          
DHE-RSA-AES128-SHA256           - DHE-RSA-AES128-SHA              - DHE-DSS-AES128-SHA256           
DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA256           - DHE-DSS-AES256-SHA              - DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA              
AES128-GCM-SHA256               - AES256-GCM-SHA384               - ECDHE-RSA-RC4-SHA               
ECDHE-ECDSA-RC4-SHA             - AES128                          - AES256                          
RC4-SHA                         - HIGH                            - !aNULL                          
!eNULL                          - !EXPORT                         - !DES                            
!3DES                           - !MD5                            - !PSK;                           

TCPIP PORTS                                         Connection Sec
               0.0.0.0         / 25    / SMTP   -   None                
               0.0.0.0         / 110   / POP3   -   None                
               0.0.0.0         / 143   / IMAP   -   None                
               0.0.0.0         / 465   / SMTP   -   SSL/TLS             Cert: ecwebservices.com
               0.0.0.0         / 587   / SMTP   -   None                
               0.0.0.0         / 995   / POP3   -   SSL/TLS             Cert: ecwebservices.com

LOGGING      Logging Enabled: True

Paths:-
    Current:  C:\Program Files (x86)\hMailServer\Logs\hmailserver_2020-08-02.log
    Error:    C:\Program Files (x86)\hMailServer\Logs\ERROR_hmailserver_2020-08-02.log
    Event:    C:\Program Files (x86)\hMailServer\Logs\hmailserver_events.log - Not present
    Awstats:  C:\Program Files (x86)\hMailServer\Logs\hmailserver_awstats.log
                        APPLICATION -    True
                        SMTP        -    True
                        POP3        -    True
                        IMAP        -    True
                        TCPIP       -    True
                        DEBUG       -    True
                        AWSTATS     -    True

SYSTEM TESTS

Database type: MySQL

IPv6 support is available in operating system.

Backup directory Z:\hmail backup is writable.

Relative message paths are stored in the database for all messages.

HMAILSERVER.INI

[Directories]
Program folder:  C:\Program Files (x86)\hMailServer\
Database folder: 
Data folder:     C:\Program Files (x86)\hMailServer\Data
Log folder:      C:\Program Files (x86)\hMailServer\Logs
Temp folder:     C:\Program Files (x86)\hMailServer\Temp
Event folder:    C:\Program Files (x86)\hMailServer\Events

[Database]
Type=              MYSQL
Username=          root
PasswordEncryption=1
Port=              3306
Server=            localhost
Internal=          0

Generated by HMSSettingsDiagnostics v2.01, Hmailserver Forum.

jimimaseye

Post by jimimaseye » 2020-08-02 16:00

gary@ec******.com is not one of your domains therefore it is 'external'.

Your ranges state 'local to external' require authentication.

Hence the rejection.

For better clarity post the complete smtp entries from the log.

[Entered by mobile. Excuse my spelling.]
5.7 on test.
SpamassassinForWindows 3.4.0 spamd service
AV: Clamwin + Clamd service + sanesecurity defs : https://www.hmailserver.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=26829

Axe6st
Normal user
Normal user

Post by Axe6st » 2020-08-02 16:09

domain1.com at the top of the report is the domain that gary@ec*****.com is in. I saw the way the report wrote it and thought for security purposes i should edit that and add the stars.

jimimaseye

Post by jimimaseye » 2020-08-02 16:14

Domain 1 is

maxx.ecxxxxxxxxxxx.com

That is NOT ec******.com.

Very different. (Otherwise you would have written gary@maxx.ec*****.com)

5.7 on test.
AV: Clamwin + Clamd service + sanesecurity defs : https://www.hmailserver.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=26829

Axe6st
Normal user
Normal user

Post by Axe6st » 2020-08-02 16:20

OK, the maxx is mail. My mailserver name is mail.ecwebservices.com. Do i have to set the domain up as just ecwebservices.com to accept mail to gary@ecwebservices.com? And do I have to login using mail.ecwebservices.com or just ecwebservices.com? Sorry to be so ignorant, but I am not very good at this and new to hmailserver

Axe6st
Normal user
Normal user

Post by Axe6st » 2020-08-02 16:22

Here's an interesting thing. I have not been able to login using an email client at all. I just whitelisted my ip address and now i can check my mail from an external e.mail client

jimimaseye

Post by jimimaseye » 2020-08-02 16:26

Axe6st wrote:
2020-08-02 16:20
My mailserver name is mail.ecwebservices.com. Do i have to set the domain up as just ecwebservices.com to accept mail to gary@ecwebservices.com?
Nope. You just need to authenticate. Or yes, drop the "mail." (Tip: You shouldn't be having 'mail.'. That is not your domain,
that is a sub domain.). The reference to pointing to mail... is done by dns records).
5.7 on test.

Axe6st
Normal user
Normal user

Post by Axe6st » 2020-08-02 16:35

Thank you. I just changed all my domains to not include the mail subdomain.
Sent a test from gmail. waiting to see if i get it. But now i can't login again. I guess the server name in my email client should just be the domain name as well? Nope tried that and now either way i enter it in my email client I can't login again. do i need to delete the domains and recreate them?

Axe6st
Normal user
Normal user

Post by Axe6st » 2020-08-02 16:48

ok now i'm able to login again, but still not seeing any incoming mail.

jimimaseye

Post by jimimaseye » 2020-08-02 17:06

Presumably you have already set up your dns records correctly? Review. (Mxtoolbox.com)

5.7 on test.

Axe6st
Normal user
Normal user

Post by Axe6st » 2020-08-02 17:11

Update: I am logging in to the new server. In the diagnostics text i included above it says dkim is enabled, so i know it is seeing the new server. But when i did a dns test and used my email address it resolves to my old servers ip address. I'm thinking at this point it is in my dns settings. or the dns settings are still propogating down. In my dns records i had it set for the @ MX record to go to mail.ecwebservices.com. I just changed that to go to the ip address. Is that correct or should i change it back. I'm attaching a screenshot. Keep in mind that i set the mail server up one 1 ip address and the actual website of the same name is setup on a second ip address. - just looked and that statement is incorrect, the site and mailserver are on the same ip address.
2020-08-02.jpg

jimimaseye

Post by jimimaseye » 2020-08-02 17:19

If your mail sever is on 169.60.137.192
And your website is at 169.60.137.192
And your webmail service is at 169.60.137.192

Then yes. Your records are fine.

However:

Bind: 169.60.137.192
Why do you have this?

Change it back to blank 0.0.0.0 unless you KNOW why you set it and what your are achieving.

5.7 on test.

Axe6st
Normal user
Normal user

Post by Axe6st » 2020-08-02 17:28

thank you jimimaseye. I thought that was where i entered the ip address that i want to use the server on.
Where do i enter the ip address i want to use the server on? I have 32 IP addresses on that machine and I only want it listening on the first one.

johang
Senior user
Senior user

Post by johang » 2020-08-02 18:57

be very careful when changing DNS records when large TTL is in use

below you have 1 ns queries,, 1st from theplanet, 2nd from google dns

ecwebservices.com@ns2.theplanet.com: 
ecwebservices.com.	86400	IN	SOA	ns1.softlayer.com. root.theplanet.com. 2020080202 7200 600 1728000 43200
ecwebservices.com.	86400	IN	TXT	"v=spf1 a mx ip4:169.60.137.192 ?all"
ecwebservices.com.	86400	IN	A	169.60.137.192
ecwebservices.com.	86400	IN	MX	10 169.60.137.192.ecwebservices.com.
ecwebservices.com.	86400	IN	NS	ns2.theplanet.com.
ecwebservices.com.	86400	IN	NS	ns1.theplanet.com.

ecwebservices.com@8.8.4.4 :
ecwebservices.com.	21599	IN	SOA	ns1.softlayer.com. root.theplanet.com. 2020080202 7200 600 1728000 43200
ecwebservices.com.	21599	IN	TXT	"v=spf1 a mx ip4:169.60.137.192 ?all"
ecwebservices.com.	21599	IN	A	169.60.137.192
ecwebservices.com.	21599	IN	MX	10 169.60.137.192.ecwebservices.com.
ecwebservices.com.	21599	IN	NS	ns1.theplanet.com.
ecwebservices.com.	21599	IN	NS	ns2.theplanet.com.

i would look at MX record PRONTO .. that is not a good record

my suggestion is in your dns web interface to change back to: @ MX 900(15 min) priority:10 mail
( take away 169.60.137.192 because it seems your domain is added default to the input, sometimes you could add a last punctuation to get it to not add default domain, but in you case it will work if you just put in .. mail )

Axe6st
Normal user
Normal user

Post by Axe6st » 2020-08-02 19:33

Thank you. Is this correct?
2020-08-02 (1).jpg

johang
Senior user
Senior user

Post by johang » 2020-08-02 19:42

Axe6st wrote:
2020-08-02 19:33
Thank you. Is this correct?
2020-08-02 (1).jpg
yes

Axe6st
Normal user
Normal user

Post by Axe6st » 2020-08-02 21:18

Update: Thank you everyone who helped. And I mean a HUGE thank you !! At this point I am starting to receive mail, and I know I'm logging into my new server. My Dmarc Reverse dns and dkim are all working. I just need to add a ptr record and I will get IBM to help me with that. One of my domains isn't connecting when i try to use ssl but the main one is. I think that's probably an issue with propogating down, but if not I can figure that one out.
And now, I think I need a drink ! :D :D

Axe6st
Normal user
Normal user

Post by Axe6st » 2020-08-02 22:22

ugghh, I finally got email to go out through my isp (they block port 25 so i use their mailserver to send out) And the test to ecwebservices got lost and the test to gnrcomp.com came back saying 530 smtp requires authentication. Uggghhhhhh. I though it was fixed.

johang
Senior user
Senior user

Post by johang » 2020-08-02 22:39

Axe6st wrote:
2020-08-02 22:22
ugghh, I finally got email to go out through my isp (they block port 25 so i use their mailserver to send out) And the test to ecwebservices got lost and the test to gnrcomp.com came back saying 530 smtp requires authentication. Uggghhhhhh. I though it was fixed.
are you sure its not "old mail" showing up now that dns points mx to your box and you got relay service to your isp working?
( or maybe something is still not playing right.. so.. )

do the test you want to do.. note your time, post: lines from logfile within this timespan, look into errorlog .. something there ?
AND.. post config again.. cause now you have relay going on as well, and thats good to see in config..

Axe6st
Normal user
Normal user

Post by Axe6st » 2020-08-02 23:23

I think the dns settings are still propogating in places. I did a mx query in hmailserver for gary@gnrcomp.com and it resolves to the correct ip address. I sent a test email which I did not get in that mailbox 11 minutes ago. Checked the logs and not seeing anything during that time frame in the logs with a 530 error. Here is the new log from the diagnostics script. For teh other domains (not the main one ecwebservices.com) Do I also need to setup the dkim, etc in dns. I only have the MX txt and MX @ records in the other domains.
Oh and to answer your first question, It's definitely not old mail from my old server. I have new passwords on the new server and I have a case open with ibm about the ptr record right now and getting their e-mails.

2020-08-02   Hmailserver: 5.6.7-B2425

DOMAINS

"Domain1.com" - ecxxxxxxxxxxx.com              Enabled: True

Enabled: False   Max size:                0   Enabled: True      Catchall: postmaster@Domain1.com
                   Max message size:        0   Header:   Relaxed  Plus addressing: False
                   Max size of accounts:    0   Body:     Relaxed
                                                Algorithm: SHA256  Greylisting:     False
                                                Private key: c:\program files\openssl-win64\bin\rsa.private.Domain1.com
                                                Selector:    mydkim

"Domain2.com" - gnxxxxx.com                    Enabled: True

"Domain3.com" - mcxxxxxxxx.orx                 Enabled: True

"Domain4.com" - noxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.com           Enabled: True

"Domain5.com" - paxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.com          Enabled: True

IP RANGES

IP: 127.0.0.1 - 127.0.0.1     Priority: 15     Name: My computer

IP: 0.0.0.0 - 255.255.255.255     Priority: 10     Name: Internet

IP: 69.202.194.154 - 69.202.194.154     Priority: 0     Name: gary

IMAP:   True                              SSL/TLS:     True

External To External -  True              External To External -  True

------------------------------------------------------
AUTOBANNED Local Addresses:
    No entries

AUTOBAN
  Autoban Enabled: True       Max invalid logon attempts:      3
                              Minutes Before Reset:           30  (0.50 hours, 0.02 days)
                              Minutes to Autoban:             60  (1.00 hours, 0.04 days)

There is a total of 5 auto-ban IP ranges.

INCOMING RELAYS
   No entries

MIRRORING         Disabled

PROTOCOLS

SMTP
GENERAL             DELIVERY                  RFC COMPLIANCE            ADVANCED
No. Connections:  0  No Retries:  4 Mins: 60   Plain Text:         True  Bind: 0.0.0.0
                     Host: EXTERNAL.TLD        Empty sender:       True  Batch recipients:   100
Max Msg Size: 20480  Relay:-                   Incorrect endings:  True  Use STARTTLS:      True
                     (none entered)            Disc. on invalid:   True  Delivered-To hdr: False
                                               Max number commands: 100  Loop limit:           5
                                                                         Recipient hosts:     15
  Routes:
     No routes defined.

POP3
  No. Connections: 0

IMAP
 GENERAL                   PUBLIC FOLDERS                    ADVANCED
  No. Connections:   0      Public folder name: #Public       IMAP sort:  True
                                                              IMAP Quota: True
                                                              IMAP Idle:  True
                                                              IMAP ACL:   True
                                                              Delim: "."

ANTISPAM

GENERAL                              SPAM TESTS              Score   SPAMASSASSIN
  Spam Mark:                  5       Use SPF:            True - 3    Use Spamassassin:    True
  Add X-HmailServer-Spam:     True    Check HELO host:    True - 2    Hostname:       127.0.0.1
  Add X-HmailServer-Reason:   True    Check MX records:   True - 2    Port:                 783
  Add X-HmailServer-Subject:  True    Verify DKIM:       False        Use SA score: False -   5
              Subject Text: "[***SPAM***]"
  Spam delete threshold: 20         Maximum message size: 1024

DNSBL ENTRIES:
                    bl.spamcop.net      Score: 3     Result: 127.0.0.2

SURBL ENTRIES:
   No 'enabled' entries

GREYLISTING:
  Greylisting:  False

WHITELISTING
   No entries

ANTIVIRUS

GENERAL:
  When found - Delete email. Notify Sender: True,  Notify Receiver: True

Max Message Size: 0
     CLAM AV:   False
     CLAMWIN:   False
     CUSTOMAV:  True       Executable: "C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\mpcmdrun.exe" -scan -scantype 3 -file "%FILE%" -disableremediation
                           ReturnValue: 2

Block Attachments: False

SSL CERTIFICATES
   Domain1.com
       Certificate: C:\Program Files (x86)\hMailServer\Bin\SSL\Domain1.com.cert
       Private key: C:\Program Files (x86)\hMailServer\Bin\SSL\Domain1.com.key

SSL/TLS
             SSL 3.0 :  False
             TLS 1.0 :   True
             TLS 1.1 :   True
             TLS 1.2 :   True                Verify Remote SSL/TLS Certs:   True
SslCipherList  :

ECDHE-RSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256     - ECDHE-ECDSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256   - ECDHE-RSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384     
ECDHE-ECDSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384   - DHE-RSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256       - DHE-DSS-AES128-GCM-SHA256       
kEDH+AESGCM                     - ECDHE-RSA-AES128-SHA256         - ECDHE-ECDSA-AES128-SHA256       
ECDHE-RSA-AES128-SHA            - ECDHE-ECDSA-AES128-SHA          - ECDHE-RSA-AES256-SHA384         
ECDHE-ECDSA-AES256-SHA384       - ECDHE-RSA-AES256-SHA            - ECDHE-ECDSA-AES256-SHA          
DHE-RSA-AES128-SHA256           - DHE-RSA-AES128-SHA              - DHE-DSS-AES128-SHA256           
DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA256           - DHE-DSS-AES256-SHA              - DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA              
AES128-GCM-SHA256               - AES256-GCM-SHA384               - ECDHE-RSA-RC4-SHA               
ECDHE-ECDSA-RC4-SHA             - AES128                          - AES256                          
RC4-SHA                         - HIGH                            - !aNULL                          
!eNULL                          - !EXPORT                         - !DES                            
!3DES                           - !MD5                            - !PSK;                           

TCPIP PORTS                                         Connection Sec
               0.0.0.0         / 25    / SMTP   -   None                
               0.0.0.0         / 110   / POP3   -   None                
               0.0.0.0         / 143   / IMAP   -   None                
               0.0.0.0         / 465   / SMTP   -   SSL/TLS             Cert: Domain1.com
               0.0.0.0         / 587   / SMTP   -   None                
               0.0.0.0         / 995   / POP3   -   SSL/TLS             Cert: Domain1.com

LOGGING      Logging Enabled: True

Paths:-
    Current:  C:\Program Files (x86)\hMailServer\Logs\hmailserver_2020-08-02.log
    Error:    C:\Program Files (x86)\hMailServer\Logs\ERROR_hmailserver_2020-08-02.log - !! ERRORS PRESENT !!
    Event:    C:\Program Files (x86)\hMailServer\Logs\hmailserver_events.log - Not present
    Awstats:  C:\Program Files (x86)\hMailServer\Logs\hmailserver_awstats.log
                        APPLICATION -    True
                        SMTP        -    True
                        POP3        -    True
                        IMAP        -    True
                        TCPIP       -    True
                        DEBUG       -    True
                        AWSTATS     -    True

SYSTEM TESTS

Database type: MySQL

IPv6 support is available in operating system.

Backup directory Z:\hmail backup is writable.

Relative message paths are stored in the database for all messages.

HMAILSERVER.INI

[Directories]
Program folder:  C:\Program Files (x86)\hMailServer\
Database folder: 
Data folder:     C:\Program Files (x86)\hMailServer\Data
Log folder:      C:\Program Files (x86)\hMailServer\Logs
Temp folder:     C:\Program Files (x86)\hMailServer\Temp
Event folder:    C:\Program Files (x86)\hMailServer\Events

[Database]
Type=              MYSQL
Username=          root
PasswordEncryption=1
Port=              3306
Server=            localhost
Internal=          0

Generated by HMSSettingsDiagnostics v2.01, Hmailserver Forum.

Axe6st
Normal user
Normal user

Post by Axe6st » 2020-08-02 23:36

Spoke to soon. I just got the bounceback with error 530 and just found this in the logs.
"SMTPD" 8148 1536 "2020-08-02 16:30:02.624" "167.206.4.200" "SENT: 220 mail.ecwebservices.com ESMTP"
"SMTPD" 16120 1536 "2020-08-02 16:30:02.671" "167.206.4.200" "RECEIVED: EHLO mta5.srv.hcvlny.cv.net"
"SMTPD" 16120 1536 "2020-08-02 16:30:02.671" "167.206.4.200" "SENT: 250-mail.ecwebservices.com[nl]250-SIZE 20480000[nl]250-AUTH LOGIN PLAIN[nl]250 HELP"
"SMTPD" 8148 1536 "2020-08-02 16:30:02.718" "167.206.4.200" "RECEIVED: MAIL FROM:<gary@ecwebservices.com>"
"SMTPD" 8148 1536 "2020-08-02 16:30:13.984" "167.206.4.200" "SENT: 250 OK"
"SMTPD" 17476 1536 "2020-08-02 16:30:14.046" "167.206.4.200" "RECEIVED: RCPT TO:<gary@gnrcomp.com>"
"SMTPD" 17476 1536 "2020-08-02 16:30:14.093" "167.206.4.200" "SENT: 530 SMTP authentication is required."

jimimaseye

Post by jimimaseye » 2020-08-02 23:47

MAIL FROM:<gary@ecwebservices.com>" TO:<gary@gnrcomp.com

Both are local domains. Local to local requires authentication as per your range settings.

Why don't you just authenticate?

(By the way: your range called "Gary" has no effect as it has a lower priority than "internet")

5.7 on test.

Axe6st
Normal user
Normal user

Post by Axe6st » 2020-08-03 00:06

I can't authenticate because I am sending from my isp's mail server because they block port 25. I don't know if they block port 995. But in either case, is it dangerous to have local to local allowed? And I added my ip address to be whitelisted when i wasn't able to login. And you're correct, it had no effect. LOL At this point I'll just remove that because I'm able to login.

jimimaseye

Post by jimimaseye » 2020-08-03 00:19

Axe6st wrote:
2020-08-03 00:06
I can't authenticate because I am sending from my isp's mail server
No your not. You are sending from your hms to your hms (local to local). Just enter the authentication details for the 'gary (sending) account in your email client.

You only send via your isp maiul server when sending TO an external domain. And with that you simply put the authentication details on the relay settings.

5.7 on test.

Axe6st
Normal user
Normal user

Post by Axe6st » 2020-08-03 00:28

Im using the account frog1@optonlin.net and the password for that account to send mail from my email client. I also have 2 customers that travel regularly and set their email clients up the same way so they can connect when they are on the road. Optonline has port 25 blocked.

johang
Senior user
Senior user

Post by johang » 2020-08-03 08:37

Axe6st wrote:
2020-08-03 00:28
Im using the account frog1@optonlin.net and the password for that account to send mail from my email client. I also have 2 customers that travel regularly and set their email clients up the same way so they can connect when they are on the road. Optonline has port 25 blocked.

so you are using emailclient to pose as user in your domain via isp, and your emailserver says .. HEY ispmailserverDUDE you cant just pose as being a local user, i need proof, authenticate or get lost..

on your hmailserver set up a relay to use your isp for outgoing emails ( cant find it in your config )

set your emailclients to authorize on YOUR server if you want them to be able to send mail locally, if you authorize on your isp you cant pose as ecwebservices or your other local domains, then you have to stick to sender being optonline.net

i can talk to your mailserver on port 25 so it is your outgoing 25 that is blocked .. use 587 on your outgoing relay

Axe6st
Normal user
Normal user

Post by Axe6st » 2020-08-03 17:40

OK guys. I finally got it all up and running and I'm getting email from both of my domains on port 995. Yay !! Thank you for all your help. I have other questions but will search the forum for them. You guys are all awesome.
and Johang, you misunderstood me. I use my ISP's smtp server to send mail, not to log into my smtp server. My smtp server in my email client is set as optonline's mail server.

johang
Senior user
Senior user

Post by johang » 2020-08-03 19:04

Axe6st wrote:
2020-08-03 17:40
OK guys. I finally got it all up and running and I'm getting email from both of my domains on port 995. Yay !! Thank you for all your help. I have other questions but will search the forum for them. You guys are all awesome.
and Johang, you misunderstood me. I use my ISP's smtp server to send mail, not to log into my smtp server. My smtp server in my email client is set as optonline's mail server.
youre propabally right... ... . you should perhaps consider changing this then: "v=spf1 a mx ip4:169.60.137.192 -all"

Axe6st
Normal user
Normal user

Post by Axe6st » 2020-08-10 01:54

johang wrote:
2020-08-03 19:04
Axe6st wrote:
youre propabally right... ... . you should perhaps consider changing this then: "v=spf1 a mx ip4:169.60.137.192 -all"
Somewhere along the way I used mxtoolbox or one of them and it said I used that value wrong and switched it to exactly what you have there. Thank you.

johang
Senior user
Senior user

Post by johang » 2020-08-10 08:02

Axe6st wrote:
2020-08-10 01:54
johang wrote:
2020-08-03 19:04
Axe6st wrote:
Somewhere along the way I used mxtoolbox or one of them and it said I used that value wrong and switched it to exactly what you have there. Thank you.
at one time perhaps you were thinking of mailing with your server directly to other mailservers ..
now if i understand it right you use your isp mailserver out ... which is not included in "v=spf1 a mx ip4:169.60.137.192 -all"

Axe6st
Normal user
Normal user

Post by Axe6st » 2020-08-12 16:59

That is correct Johang. I have it working so I can log into my own smtp server on port 465 now and send out from my mail server now. But some of my customers are still using optimum's smtp server and that works also. Thanks for all your help.
Axe