NOOB wants only a maildrop

Use this forum if you have installed hMailServer and want to ask a question related to a production release of hMailServer. Before posting, please read the troubleshooting guide. A large part of all reported issues are already described in detail here.
dukester
New user
New user

NOOB wants only a maildrop

Post by dukester » 2020-12-22 22:30

I'm a *nix guy stuck on a Win10 box.
I want to use emacs as my mail client.
I need something like fetchmail or getmail to run on my Win10 box! Good luck with that right? :?
I was told that hMailserver was able to fetch mail from external accounts, but I now see that this
is limited to POP3. I have 2 IMAP accounts.

The hMailserver docs states, "Currently only POP3. Support for other protocols, such as IMAP, may be added in future."

Has IMAP support been added yet? Any other suggestions? Thanks in advance!
Merry Christmas to one and all!!

palinka
Senior user
Senior user

Re: NOOB wants only a maildrop

Post by palinka » 2020-12-23 00:47

No. Too bad because that could be a very useful feature.

However, there are a couple of imap sync apps you could try. Sorry, you'll have to google them. I never used them, so I have nothing to say about them except one is literally called "imapsync".

And Merry Christmas to you as well!

jim.bus
Senior user
Senior user

Post by jim.bus » 2020-12-23 02:38

Depending on how you want to get mail from External Accounts, etc. Why don't you use something like a normal Email Client. I am only familiar with Outlook and Thunderbird but Outlook for sure would be able to Download on an Email Account by Email Account basis both POP3 and IMAP into either individual Inboxes or one single Inbox. If you wanted only Receive Email just use it for that purpose only or configure Outlook to only do the Receive function and not the Send function. Outlook with the correct Email Account Credentials would be able to connect to any External Email Account.

dukester
New user
New user

Post by dukester » 2020-12-23 05:24

@palinka Thanks for the program suggestion! đź‘Ť

@jim.bus I've been using `sylpheed' for years! Blazingly fast email client.