Floyd

Forum for things that doesn't really have anything to do with hMailServer. Such as php.ini, beer, etc etc.
jimimaseye

Floyd

Post by jimimaseye » 2020-06-05 09:15

I'm old enough to have seen examples of most things that can and make the news in one form or another (eg space ship our cruise ship disasters, tsunami or earthquake devastation, oppresion and military war and genocide, kidnaps, murders, rapes etc etc).

Sadly we have had stories like this far too many times. But this is the first time I've seen the footage target than just the after effects and reaction. And i was left appalled and shocked.

Up to now we only saw the photograph of the actual moment (kneeling) but photos don't allow the emotion of the event or paint the full picture of before and after. Watch this and see if you think you can still sympathise with Chauvin when he comes to giving a defense:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/31/us/g ... ation.html

(Good help America if they don't convict him - the current protests will be party compared to what is likely to be if they don't. )
5.7 on test.
SpamassassinForWindows 3.4.0 spamd service
AV: Clamwin + Clamd service + sanesecurity defs : https://www.hmailserver.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=26829

palinka
Senior user
Senior user

Re: Floyd

Post by palinka » 2020-06-05 13:34

He won't be convicted. Guaranteed. Why? They charged him with a crime he didn't commit: murder. Why? Why can't they appropriately charge him to make sure they get a conviction?

I've noticed a pattern. In all racial grievance cases, the prosecution always overcharges, just like they did with Chauvin. They did it with Zimmerman, they did it in the freddy grey case, the Eric Garner case, the Michael Brown case. All the high profile ones. All acquitted. All of these cases were brought in Democrat cities with Democrat mayors and prosecutors. I think they're trying to provoke a riot. You can't tell me a prosecutor with decades of experience doesn't know that overcharging ends with acquittal. Or that they haven't seen the results of overcharging in all of these other cases.

The only logical deduction is that they want acquittal. So why do they want acquittal?

I'm not advocating acquittal nor am I defending this guy. In fact, I'm advocating the exact opposite: reduce the charges to convictable ones to make sure he goes to jail. What they're doing now guarantees he'll walk. Wait and see.

There's a clear pattern here. They want riots.

jimimaseye

Post by jimimaseye » 2020-06-05 14:02

They want riots.
Ah. Silly me. Forgot there must be a conspiracy somewhere to distract from the point at hand.

Good job you are here to remind me.

(Interesting suggestion that Democrats want riots. But why? It can be political Aston pay Republicans as Zimmerman, freddy grey, Eric Garner and Michael Brown were all killed under a Democratic government.) No discussion required.

[Entered by mobile. Excuse my spelling.]
5.7 on test.
AV: Clamwin + Clamd service + sanesecurity defs : https://www.hmailserver.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=26829

katip
Senior user
Senior user

Post by katip » 2020-06-05 16:04

days after, forensic report mentioned 1st degree murder.
at first, that cop was arrested for 3rd degree murder suspect(!).
what justice does one expect?
Katip
--
HMS 5.7.0 x64, MariaDB 10.4.10 x64, SA 3.4.2, ClamAV 0.101.2 + SaneS

palinka
Senior user
Senior user

Post by palinka » 2020-06-05 16:19

katip wrote:
2020-06-05 16:04
days after, forensic report mentioned 1st degree murder.
at first, that cop was arrested for 3rd degree murder suspect(!).
what justice does one expect?
A conviction and prison sentence would be a good start. Not going to happen with a murder charge.

palinka
Senior user
Senior user

Post by palinka » 2020-06-05 16:33

jimimaseye wrote:
2020-06-05 14:02
They want riots.
Ah. Silly me. Forgot there must be a conspiracy somewhere to distract from the point at hand.

Good job you are here to remind me.

(Interesting suggestion that Democrats want riots. But why? It can be political Aston pay Republicans as Zimmerman, freddy grey, Eric Garner and Michael Brown were all killed under a Democratic government.) No discussion required.

[Entered by mobile. Excuse my spelling.]
Sorry, autocorrect mangled that one badly enough that I missed your point.

I don't know the why. I'm only guessing they believe they can capture power if there's civil unrest. But I'm not a mind reader. Unless they tell you, there's no authoritative answer.

Another possibility is that they're simply trying to protect cops. It's not completely unreasonable to believe politicians spew vitriol against the cops to satisfy their voter base, while secretly acting in a manner to protect police. I think that's less likely given the players involved, but its at least plausible.

However, the pattern is clear. All (or nearly close to all) high profile racial grievance cases in Democrat cities result in overcharging by Democrat prosecutors resulting in acquittal. The people involved and the charges, the trials, etc are all very well documented. You don't have to take my word for it.

If you have a better explanation for the why, I'm all ears.

palinka
Senior user
Senior user

Post by palinka » 2020-06-05 16:55

Another possibility I just ran across.
...overcharging would be particularly effective in a case with multiple defendants. By overcharging, one defendant is more likely to open up about the actions of a co-defendant.
But I think in this context, it's more about the threat of consecutive sentences. Not necessarily severely overcharging like turning manslaughter into murder.

Not to mention they were just cops doing their jobs. Not only will they stick together, but all they have to do is tell the truth anyway. It's not the kind of situation where you're trying to coerce bank robber A to rat out bank robber B where the confession makes up the bulk of the evidence.

In this case there are multiple video recordings and multiple coroner reports including one done independently by the family - which only agreed with the other two reports. There is no possible way to get a murder conviction. Zero percent chance. Even manslaughter would be extremely difficult.

SorenR
Senior user
Senior user

Post by SorenR » 2020-06-05 22:40

No problem ... Trump pulls the Insurraction Act card, it collides with the 2'nd Amendment so before we know it world economics is settled in Yen and Huawei become the market leader in 5G networks ...

Just a FYI ... Statistics say that there are 120 guns per 100 americans ... Should give a loud enough bang for us the hear it in Denmark.
SørenR.

“Those who don't know history are doomed to repeat it.”
― Edmund Burke

palinka
Senior user
Senior user

Post by palinka » 2020-06-05 22:59

SorenR wrote:
2020-06-05 22:40
No problem ... Trump pulls the Insurraction Act card,
I don't think he'll do it. Not for the reasons you said. He's also playing hardball politics. He's forcing Democrat states to deal with the issue. They don't want to because they think they can somehow force trump out if the looting continues. This will cause internal problems within these states because regular people of all political stripes won't put up with it for long and will demand immediate reform. Remember - the riots are only in states that voted against him. And not one of those states wants trump's help - they've all publicly rejected the idea of bringing the military in (national guard is controlled by the states and governors can activate them in their own). Now they own the rioting and looting lock, stock and barrel and trump can hammer them all day long about how they own it. He still comes off as the law and order guy, not the riot guy. He's going to win in a landslide.

mattg

Post by mattg » 2020-06-05 23:12

jimimaseye wrote:
They want riots.
What if this social media frenzy is all fed from a foreign power trying to destabilise an outspoken opponent during a pandemic. The world seems pretty sure that at least one foreign power played 'pot stirrer' via social media during the last US presidential election - who's to say it is not happening again now? Perhaps there are some countries that have learned new tricks.
SorenR wrote:
2020-06-05 22:40
before we know it world economics is settled in Yen and Huawei become the market leader in 5G networks ...
Hasn't that happened already...
Just 'cause I link to a page and say little else doesn't mean I am not being nice.
https://www.hmailserver.com/documentation

jimimaseye

Post by jimimaseye » 2020-06-05 23:34

palinka wrote:
2020-06-05 22:59
He's forcing Democrat states to deal with the issue. They don't want to because they think they can somehow force trump out if the looting continues.
Nah. Nonsense.

There are 50 states with protests. Kind of makes you wonder how Republicans got to the whitehouse with so many states in democratic power. (Or maybe this just raises other questions about the craziness of the American voting system where more people individually voted for Hilary Clinton than the Trump and yet..... )

And your claim makes no sense: trump will not FORCE local state democratic government to act when they know that if they don't act then he will be the bad guy by sending in the military (With exception of similar like minded hard headed Republican voters).

Looking forward to November elections. A time for the U.S to get back what little dignity it had before 2016. :roll:

But then.... it's bollocks and not everything has to be a conspiracy and about political party fighting. Funny reading the ramblings of the paranoid though.

400 years of racism needs sorting - this topic is about humans and civilisation, not the fucking colour of your political party! See it for what it is... if you can. (And if you watch that video and says to yourself "he deserved that" then these protests are about YOU. (And this applies beyond American borders).

I'm done.
5.7 on test.

jimimaseye

Post by jimimaseye » 2020-06-05 23:37

mattg wrote:
2020-06-05 23:12
jimimaseye wrote:
They want riots.
What if this social media frenzy is all fed from a foreign power trying to destabilise an outspoken opponent during a pandemic. The world seems pretty sure that at least one foreign power played 'pot stirrer' via social media during the last US presidential election - who's to say it is not happening again now? Perhaps there are some countries that have learned new tricks.
The point of my thread was to show the reality of the actions on motion film, not photographs and headlines, so people can 'feel' and understand what went on, not WHY it went on. And it wasn't to start throwing conspiracies and political arguments (which are getting lame and boring).
5.7 on test.

palinka
Senior user
Senior user

Post by palinka » 2020-06-06 01:19

jimimaseye wrote:
2020-06-05 23:37
The point of my thread was to show the reality of the actions on motion film, not photographs and headlines, so people can 'feel' and understand what went on, not WHY it went on. And it wasn't to start throwing conspiracies and political arguments (which are getting lame and boring).
That's awesome. Easily verifiable facts are now conspiracy theories.

I have a theory that clouds conspire to make rain. And rabbits conspire to make fuzzy tails.

SorenR
Senior user
Senior user

Post by SorenR » 2020-06-08 15:49

I have to agree with a friend of mine re the post below ... On a personal note I feel BLM outside USA behave like a criminal/terrorist organisation. They got issues with US Law Inforcement - not Danish police or German police or Latvian police. Stay the f*** home.

And all this bloody "racism" people are screaming about all the time... If I call a non-white person LAZY, I'm not a RACIST, I'm simply RUDE. Deal with it!
I think it's embarrassing. We are all a product of our time and times change constantly. Yes, Edward Colston made - together with a lot of other people - money from trading slaves, but his fortune was founded trading in wine, fruits and cloth. More importantly - he was a member of Parliament and donated wast amounts of his fortune to public Schools, Hospitals and Almshouses. The slave trading might be abhorrent seen with today's eyes but it was perfectly legal and acceptable at the time and it is - like it or not - part of our history.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-bri ... 8aSOVSmVZs
SørenR.

“Those who don't know history are doomed to repeat it.”
― Edmund Burke